Are you interested in building the next generation Cloud Breach Detection systems that power the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we forecast and fulfill the gear that forms the foundation of Cloud security? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use Cloud every day?
Here at Lacework, we are looking for a software development engineer who is excited about building an industry leading, next generation Cloud Security System. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape our technologies, products and business.
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
- 3+ years industry experience building highly available, distributed services
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or similar
- Experience developing with Java, goLang, C/C++, or similar
and mastery of the tools of the trade, including experience open-source technologies (e.g., Linux, docker, Hadoop, Spark, Marathon, Mesos)
- Experience with Unix/Linux development/production environments
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Relentlessly high standards (never satisfied with the status quo)
- Able to dive deep, never out of touch with the details of the business
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD)
- Deep knowledge of the relational database engines like SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL and Postgres
- Working knowledge/experience with Aws-stack
- Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
- Experience developing backend software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience in data modeling and analysis, especially with distinctive data sources
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment